Friday, September 7, 2007

Lake Superior




We are up in the North Country. I took time to look for agates on two beaches and some driftwood. Agates are special to me because Mom Rickard loved them. There are so many shipwrecks here. I think the weather comes up fast and the waves get huge. The map has over 300 listed. Tonight it is listening to some Gordon Lightfoot and play some cards with the Pierson girls. The photo is the view from the rocks in front of the cabin. We have a nice fire going on the rock each evening. The pierson girls may not look bright but they know their card games. I am several games behind them. Today I will catch up!

2 comments:

Moncada Family said...

You may not be able to beat the Pierson girls at cards BUT I bet you have got some of Grandma Loey's Yhatzee skills that you could use on them! Let me know if that works out. I have got Robert hooked on the electronic hand-held Yhatzee game that we keep in the bathroom. He got 4 Yhatzees the other day!

Kelly said...

Wow! What a beautiful place. Wish we were there.

Have fun.
Tell Lavonne hi.