Sunday, July 29, 2007


I rode with a crazy DC driver to a local Welsley dining establishment. Cheryl, the driver, had general directions and after making several pedestrians turn their lives over to the Lord she got us to Blue Ginger. This restaurant is owned by Ming Tsai (yes the guy who has a line of asian fusion food at Target and the TV shows).

We dined on pepper garlic lobster (I wanted to move in) and desserts that would curl your toes. Then, as Ming moved out of the kitchen to work the crowd... Cheryl (a huge fan) began lusting after a rump roast that was not on the menu. When the roast turned his flank steaks around and came by to say hello she got this glassy eyed look (I haven't seen since the Beatle years). Ming used to cook in Santa Fe and he told me he left when boc choy got to be $6 where here is is 39 cents. Cheryl, could not speak so I just let her sit there and look goofy (what are friends for).

No comments: