Sunday, February 15, 2009

Precious People

This has been a good time for me to reflect a bit. I think that we are so busy making a living that we miss a bit of life. Tiffany and Robert (my Neice and Nephew and great Nephew...JM) drove all the way to Nebraska to see us this winter. OK, Robert thought he would get to see a farm but he was happy with a frozen lake and a Cabellas. That was pretty special. I miss having family close enough to stop by for dinner or just to chill. I love friends too but family is really the ace. I have done a much better job with connecting with family...so has Lavonne. But for now my goal is to make sure Archer, Jesus Marcos, Tiff, Robert, Kelly, Cooper and Grant have an Aunt at least as memorable as those I had. Heck, I cannot top Aunt Betty, Gee Gee or Aunt Grace...but I can be memorable...and a bit crazy. So, here is to my year of refining my crazy aunt skills. I can't wait to see where this take me. If you have any crazy Aunt ideas...send them on to me.

2 comments:

Moncada Family said...

You may never be Aunt Betty BUT you will ALWAYS BE THE GREATEST AUNT THAT EVER LIVED!!! You don't even have to try! If you do feel like you need to try BRING IT ON!!! We can be ready to go to Hawaii in just a few minutes! :)

Mark said...

We are now the older generation and the toarch has been passed. I feel older and not quite up to it. I don't think we ever will, Mom said once that she didn't feel like the older generation I guess thats why we talked so much about Betty's and Moms childhood and early years. Oh well we can't improve on their legacy only pray we don't screw it up much!